Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24, 2014 letters to dad and mom



June 24, 2014

Hi daddy!

I love you!

Yes, I love the people of Guatemala. I love the people that we teach and love seeing how the Gospel can change their lives and how it changes their lives.

 Girls camp will be good - you always enjoy Girl`s Camp. And I can`t believe that Chester is 8. That doesn`t seem real to me. But, that`s life, I guess. It`s always going by faster than you think and faster than you want.

That`s a great idea - having the missionaries work more with the youth to help them prepare. It`s true - the more you know before your mission, the more time you can spend in your studies studying for the people you`re going to teach.

And yes. That is true. You will have at least one convert on your mission if you`re doing all you can - yourself.

Yay...Sister missionaries! Just love them. It`ll be good for the ward.

President Brough is going home today. By the end of the day, we`ll have President Markham. We`re all a little sad to see President Brough leave, but here`s to being exactly obedient and diligent in all things, still. We`ve learned principles from President and Hermana Brough and those won`t change.

We had a "last conference" with President Brough last Thursday and it was amazing. We learned about principles that aren`t going to change in our lives (being exactly obedient, having faith, working diligently, and a few others). I know that as we learn principles in our lives, we can move forward in the faith that everything will be alright and that we`ll have the guidance of the Spirit. 

Thank you for all the prayers and the support of coming on a mission. Something that President Brough told us was "Be changed". Allow the mission to change you. I know that in the mission, you learn so much. About service, the Gospel, yourself, and how to work with other people. It prepares you for life. And I can`t think of my life now without my mission. I know that this is the Lord`s work and anyone who comes on a mission to work hard, to give it your all, will be blessed. Heavenly Father will never curse someone for serving a mission - only blessings. Will it be hard? Definitely. Will it tax your strength? Without a doubt. Is it worth it? Yes - infiinitely worth it. I know that. I can`t see the changes in me, but I know that I am changing for the better and that this work is bringing souls unto Christ and when we "lose ourselves and go to work", we``ll be converted, too.

I love you, dad! I pray for you and mom and our family every night! I love you!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana "Your Sunshine" Conover




June 24, 2014

Hi momma!

I love you!

Thanks for sending the package!

Interesting stuff happening at home, right? I`ll keep it to myself - but thank you. It`s good to know. And of course I`ll be nice to the other missionaries. We are different, but we`re working towards the same goal of bringing souls unto Christ in His vineyard. Thanks for the reminder. Really.

Today, president Brough goes home. We`re getting a new mission President - President Markham. He`s from California (but I don`t remember where). I`m excited to work with another mission President and to continue working with everything I have. With all my heart, might, mind, and strength. 

Today in District Meeting, we talked about the importance of listening to the Spirit in our daily doings (chapter 4 in Preach My Gospel). Sometimes, as missionaries, we count too much in our own strengths and abilities and don`t listen as we should. We get caught up in what we`re doing wrong with the language or something happened that makes us sad, or what have you. But as we listen and rely more on the Spirit, we can have the assurance to do what the Lord wants us to do. If we`re being exactly obedient, wee are being diligent, and have our faith and help it to grow through our studies and prayers, then we have the promise of having the guidance of the Spirit. I know that learning to listen to the Spirit is like learning a language - it takes practice and effort on our part. But I also know that as we are learning to recognize the Spirit and ACT on these promptings, then we can see the guidance of the Spirit in our lives and our testimony grows a little bit more. And then, after a time, we have the assurance and testimony that we can listen and follow the Spirit. I love being able to see the Spirit work in missionary work. I know that the Lord guides is through the Spirit. Hermana Claudia - she was a contact I had on a flete and she was mas o menos. Not extremely positive but not negative, either. But, one day, we were working in an area and I had the thought to look for her. We did and she was a three week miracle. I know that it was the Spirit that guided us to her house. It wasn`t us - it was the Spirit. We put forth our effort - we contacted, we talked, we opened our mouths, and followed through, and then the Spirit guided us to her home. 

I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ in these latter-days. We need to help our brothers and sisters find the Gospel. There are many waiting and don`t know where to find the truth, but are waiting. We need to give them as many opportunities as we can to help them see the light of the Gospel and find this path back to our Heavenly Father with our families.

I love you, mom! I pray for you and dad and our family every night! I hope everything is well back home!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana "Sweetie" Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment