Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Letters to Dad and Mom June 3, 2014



June 3, 2014

Hi daddy!

I love you!

I did not get your email last week, and that`s why it was a joint letter. 

¡Que bendición! (what a blessing!) Working with the Stake Young Men program? That will be exciting. Just remember to help them prepare for their missions. :) It starts in the home and after, the young men program.

I love the pictures - I can`t wait to see those name tags for real on them. :)

And what a great experience with doing baptisms and helping more with the other side of missionary work (because it`s the same work, like it says in Preach My Gospel).

If you`re making jam, just remember that it`s the sugar that makes it good. :)

Yeah, my new companion is named Hermana Flores. She`s from Peru and a really hard worker. We`ve only been together for a week, but I love working with her. We teach well together and help each other. She only has four more months in the mission than I do. And she has been a trainer two times.

And we had a baptism this week - Julia. She`s the daughter of the hermana that got baptized last week. And we found a family this past week that came to church (without the dad) - the mom and her 7 kids came to church. Four of her 7 kids are older than 8, so we`re planning on helping them be baptized the 15 of June. 

Today I read in Alma 56-57 about the sons of Helaman. And I love verse 48 in chapter 56 - "they did not doubt their mothers knew it" and I thought of you and mom. You and mom have raised us in the Gospel and are still helping us with your testimonies. I don`t doubt that you and mom are strong in the faith and that you both do what the Lord wants you to do.

Thank you for everything, dad. Maybe when I wsa growing up I didn`t appreciate all the lessons you taught me, but now I do. I am grateful for the things I have learned from you and all the love that you have for us.

I love you, dad! I pray for you and mom and our family everyday!
I love you! It`s all good!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Pumpkin Conover



June 3, 2014

Hi momma!

I love you!

Yes, we have a cook. She cooks lunch for us. In our area, we have a washing machine (I think the only house in the mission of normal missionaries that has one). We get up at 6:20 and start exercises at 6:30, get ready from 7-8 (breakfast, shower, etc.), study personally from 8-9, study as a companionship from 9-10. On Mondays, we have P-Day from 10-5. on Tuesdays, we have district meeting from 10-11 and internet. The rest of the days, we have language study from 10-11. On Thursdays, we have weekly planning from 11-1. And the other days, teach in the morning and have lunch around 1. We work from 1_30 to 9. 9-9:30 we plan for the next day and from 9:30 to 10:30, we get ready for bed, eat, and prepare for the next day. 

My new companion is from Peru and is named Hermana Flores. Hermana Johnson went to Sololá (my old area). And yesterday it rained all day and when we started to work, it had stopped, but there were all these little bugs flying around everywhere. It was weird, but interesting. And no other critters have been found recently.

There are always mosquitoes in the coast and yes, we use bug spray. Usually it rains pretty hard for an hour every day, and then it`s nicer outside (not as hot). There are these stores called "tiendas" that are like mini marts, but have more food. And we have a "dispensa" and it`s a branch of Wal-Mart that`s a lot cheaper. We email from internet cafes in town.

Yes, we have a church building here in Patulul. We have one branch here and I don`t know how many youth - maybe 15? And our attendance is usually 130.

Yeah, they`re called "alfombras" and there are still stencils on the ground - they painted them with paint.

That`s so funny - the dinner with CV1. I can imagine. And the Hoys are back rfom their missions? When did that happen?

And this idea about "grow the ward" is interesting. There`s a part of Preach My Gospel (chapter 13) that talks about working with ward leaders and I really liked the end of the chapter where it talks about what the members can do to have missionary experiences. I know that when missionaries and members work together, the work progresses so much more.

And yeah, dad told me that he`s the new 1st counselor in the stake young men presidency. That`ll be good for him and fun, as well. Just remind him about missionary work and helping the young men prepare for missions.

We found a family this past weekend - a couple and 7 children. 4 of the children are above the age of 8 and we`re helping them prepare for baptism this 15 of June. They came to church on Sunday (without the dad - he works everyday in the morning, but we`re working with him). I`m excited for  them.

I read Alma 56-57 today and kept thinking of you and dad. Of all the things that have changed in my life, the knowledge that you and dad have testimonies has not changed. "They did not doubt their  mothers knew it". I don`t doubt that you and dad know that this Gospel is true. Your testimonies have helped me through the years and are still helping me with your examples. I have my own testimony now (in comparison to when I was younger), but your testimonies strengthen mine.

I love you so much, mom. I pray for you and dad and our family every day. 

I love you! It`s all good.

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Sweetie Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment