Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17, 2014 letters to dad and mom



June 17, 2014

Hi daddy!

I love you!!!

Happy (belated) Father`s Day! 

Aw, man - I wanted to drive the Bobcat when I got home...I guess that won`t happen, nwo that yuo`ve moved the rocks. Oh, wait! You`re going to change it again, so I still can next year! :)
That`s funny that you should mention water running downhill - there`s a place a little outside of our area where the water runs uphill. There`s a dip in the road where it looks like you`re going downhill and if you put your car in neutral, you`ll start rolling up the hill. I`ve never been there, but I`ve heard about it. So that`s good that water still runs downhill there. 

And yes, we had 5 baptisms this week. I still can`t believe it. And her husband is going to come to church next week and we`re going to help him be prepared to be baptized for the 6 of July. I`m excited for them - they`re going to be a strong family in the Church.

It`s ok - we all make mistakes. There are days when I make some pretty silly mistakes that I usually never do - switch a word in Spanish, what have you - but it`s ok. If we make mistakes, it means we`re trying to do better. There are still some parts of Spanish grammar that are hard for me and I still make mistakes with it, but we move forward. We correct, repent, and move forward with a firm faith in Christ.

This week I`m reading Helaman (well, I finished it today) and I was impressed by samuel the prophet and how he proclaimed repentance and faith to the people. hat`s what we`re here for - to invite people to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. And the first two principles are really what start it all. If people have faith, they`ll want to repent and will have the faith to be forgiven of their sins. If they repent, they`ll want to show that repentance and their willingness to change through baptism. And baptism by water isn`t complete without that of fire, through the Holy Ghost. And after that, we don`t just sit back and relax but we work, we endure to the end. I know that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it is the only way we can return to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father (2 Nephi 31:20-21). 
I love you, dad! I pray for you and mom and our family everyday! I hope that you are doing well and remember that "It`s all good! ¡Está todo bien!"

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Pumpkin Conover




June 17, 2014
Hi momma!

I love you!

The crafts sound fun and that it kept the kids focused on other things than bugging Kelly. :)
That`s cool how you got to talk to a former mission president`s wife. What kind of questions did she ask? The CCM president is President Nicolayson. He`s home now, there`s a new CCM president. 

It`s weird to think that in a week we`re going to have a new mission President.  We`re going to have two conferences this week - one for one half of the mission and another for the other half. We`re having ours on Thursday.  It`s also weird to think that for a lot of the missionaries, this will be the last time that they`ll see President Brough. Maybe not for the Nortes (North Americans), but for some of the Latinos, it will be the last time (in this life). But, we`re excited to meet President Markham and his wife and to learn from them, as well. We`ll still continue being exactly obedient and diligent and work on increasing our faith. I am grateful for the lessons that President and Hermana Brough have taught me here in the mission about obedience and love and faith and diligence. I will carry these lessons with me throughout my life. And now, we have the opportunity of learning from another man called of God to be a mission president and work and pray hard. I know that this is the Lord`s work and He calls people to do this work. He doesn`t call the qualified, but qualifies the called.

We had 5 baptisms this week on Sunday - and the Elders in our branch also had 5, so we had a joint baptism. It was really good and I`m excited for them. They`re going to do great things in the church. And the sister that we baptized, we`re going to help her husband prepare to be baptized the 6 of July. He`s going to come to church this week and I`m excited that they`re going to be a strong family in the church.

This week I have been learning about humility. Humility isn`t a weakness, but a sign of spiritual strength (Preach My Gospel, chapter 6, "Humility"). The opposite of humility is pride. But being humble means that we submit to the Lord`s will and do what He wants us to do. We pass through trials, it`s true, but we can have the faith and peace and strength to move forward and learn from our experiences. Through the Atonement, we can have help to do what we need to do and change what we need to change. I know that through the Atonement of Christ - His sacrifice for each of us - we can become better and clean from our sins. It`s only through this sacrifice that we can go back to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. It`s only through this sacrifice that we can find peace - true, everlasting peace that is only the peace Christ can give and not the peace of the world.

I love you, mom! I hope that you are doing well and know that I pray for you and dad and our family everyday!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment