Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 10, 2014

 Hi daddy!

I love you!
That`s great about Sarah`s baptism. 
Yeah, I understand about a hot house - every time we get back to our house, it`s pretty hot inside. But, we have fans and we`re living the mission life. :)Well, I don`t know. I actually don`t know how hot it is here. But I`m pretty much used to it now. It`s not that bad. 
And I usually just eat cereal, too, at night. In the morning it`s cereal or oatmeal or a scrambled egg sandwich, but at night, it`s almost always cereal. 
This week I have become very grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And prayer. And how the two are connected. To access the Atonement, we need to pray for help. We need to have the humility to bend our knees, kneel down, and ask. Heavenly Father knows what we need, but He waits for us to ask. I know that. I also know that Heavenly Father always answers our prayers, but we have to wait in His time and His way. We don`t always get our answers when WE want them, but we will receive them when He wants us to have them. One example of that was yesterday. I prayed to have the strength for this upcoming week (we have 5 people we`re preparing to be baptized this Sunday, and we know Satan is going to attack either us or them or both) and received strength last night and during today. I know that God answers our prayers. We just have to have the patience to wait for the answers and miracles. And we have to work to get them, as well, and not just sit back, relax, and wait. With diligence and obedience with exactness, we will see miracles in our lives and the lives of other people, as well.
I love you, dad! I can`t wait to see the shirts you picked out for me! (mom told me) I love you and pray for you and mom everyday! And our family, too. 
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Pumpkin Conover

P.S. IT`S ALL GOOD.


Hi momma!

I love you!
I`m using my contacts here in Patulul - it rains so much and so hard that it`s a ton easier to use contacts than glasses. 
I was reading a talk by President Eyring yesterday that`s about challenges. It`s from April Conference 2012 and it`s called "Mountains to Climb". I`ve been looking for this talk and I finally found it. He talks about why we have challenges and I liked what he said towards the end. He said that we have challenges because our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ want us to "fit" in their presence with our families. He then spoke of his mother and how she went through 10 years of cancer before she died and how President Kimball said that it was because Heavenly Father wanted her to be more "polished". If we`re going through challenges, we can learn from them. It might be through our disobedience or because our loving Heavenly Father wants us to grow, but we can always learn from our challenges in life. 
It`s like you said, Jesus Christ knows what we go through and our feelings. The nurse of the mission went home two transfers ago and she bore her testimony about how she doesn`t know of any doctor that took the sickness in their own bodies to know how to treat it. Christ did. He took all of our challenges and sicknesses and everything over Himself so that he would know how to "succor" us (Alma 7:12).
Thank you for getting the package ready and for the prayers. I have felt them this past week. I love you and pray for you and our family everyday.
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Bugaboo Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment