Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7, 2014 email to dad



To my favorite dad on earth,
I LOVE YOU!!!
I´m doing excellent. I love the work in Sololá and we´re finding people and teaching and preaching with authority and power. I love this work.
The bugs aren´t that bad. There´s only a few areas in our area where they´re bad, but if we keep walking, we´re usually good. And I´ve only woken up once from scratching my legs, but it´s not that bad.

Oh, and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! I thought you were turning 45? What did I miss? =)
We taught a Evangelical Pastor this past week and he kept bringing up polygamy and how the church of God is "without stain" (I think that´s what it is in English - it makes more sense in Spanish). Anyway, during that lesson, I realized how important it is to have a testimony that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he received revelation from Heavenly Father. And, also during that lesson, the pastor kept saying, "Let´s JUST talk about Christ" and every time we tried to explain prophets or something else, he always brought it back to "just Christ". EVERYTHING in our message is about Christ and we teach about Christ, we write about Christ, and everything is about Christ (see 2 Nephi 25:26). Everything. Without Christ, we can´t get back to our Heavenly Father. Everything in the Book fo Mormon points to Christ and everything the Prophets preach about points to Christ and this Church is The Church of Jesus Christ. The thing is, we just have to teach about the things that point to Christ, but people don´t see that it points to Christ. I know that this is The Church of Jesus Christ in these Latter-Days. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and loves us SO MUCH. That´s why He performed the Atonement and did everything He did for us and continues to do for us.
Last night, we had a lesson where we were teaching about prayer (well the Restoration and prayer) and when I was teaching how we pray, the Spirit was so strong. I realized (again) that prayers are answered. If we have a desire to know something or need something and ask with faith in Christ and that we´ll get an answer, real intent (we´re going to do what God tells us to do), and sincerely ask, we will be answered. The Lord will always answer in His own time and way, but He always answers our prayers.
Anyway, I love you! I hope everything is going well! Have fun with your new and old excavator! 
I love you!
Con MUCH amor,
Hermana Pumpkin Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment