Tuesday, January 14, 2014

 
January 14, 2014
 
Hi dad!
 
I love you!
 
About the Temple - I know I am going to go AT LEAST once a week when I get back. I love the Temple and not having the opportunity to go when I want has helped me realize that. I also want to work in the Provo Temple when I get back to Provo, but we will see how that goes.

Agency is a good thing. It is central to the plan that God has for us, so it´s kind of important. :)

This week, we taught a lesson where we taught 5 commandments in 20 minutes. It was pretty awesome. It was with a girl that just got married to a member. We´re teaching her and we think - really think and believe - that she can be baptized on the 26th. We´re praying for her and teaching her. She´s going to get baptized, it´s just a matter of when.

This week, I thought about the parable of the currant bush. I don´t remember who talked about it in conference, but someone did. It´s about a gardner who cut back a currant bush that was trying to grow into a tree. And the currant bush leaked out sap in the trunk as if it was crying and saying, "Why did you cut me back? I was growing into a grand tree and you cut me back. Why did you do that?" And then, with help from the gardner, the bush grew into a fruitful currant bush. 
 
We´re like that sometimes. We´re living our lives and then, God shows us a weakness. And we might have a reaction like the currant bush, "Why did you have to tell me or cut me back?". It´s a promise, actually, that Christ has made with us. As we come unto Christ, He will show unto us our weaknesses (Ether 12:27). As we come closer unto Christ, we see things in ourselves that we need to fix. And then, with the help of the Atonement, we can change. And then, we see something else, and the process continues. I mentioned that to my companion today, how the closer we get to Christ and as we work with our personalities to better ourselves and improve, we see more things that we need to improve. We´re continually becoming more Christlike (or, at least, that´s the goal) and He will show us what we need to improve.
 
Anyway, there´s my insight for the week. And something from the Book of Mormon, "O be wise; what can I say more?" (Jacob 6:12). That´s one of our favorites for the week.

I love you, dad! Have a wonderful week! Do good things!

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Pumpkin Conover

January 14, 2014

Hi mom!

I love you!

Wow, your weeks still sound as busy as they usually are. I feel tired for you. :)

NOTE: This next week, we won´t be emailing till THURSDAY the 23. DO NOT email or call President about this. I´ll email Thursday. Promise.

This week, we taught a lesson in 20 minutes and we taught 5 commandments in those 20 minutes. It was an inspired lesson plan, let me tell you. It was with a girl that just got married to a member and we´re planning that she´ll be baptized on the 26th. She´s going to get baptized - it´s just a matter of when. So we´re working with her and praying really hard.

We have changes [ed. note "transfers"] next week and Hermana Peterson thinks that she´s leaving (President told her as much this past week). So I´ll be in Sololá with a new companion.
 
[this next two paragraphs were a repeat from Michelle's Dad's letter.]
Currant bush story and comment paragraph--see above

In the mission, there´s always something that we can improve (I couldn´t remember that word in English - I had to ask Hermana Peterson what "mejorar" meant). Anyway, here´s to always improving in the mission and in life.

Oh - I´m still talking Spanish in my sleep and in my dreams. So here´s to moving forward with Spanish.

I love you, mom! Stay strong and I love you! Thank you for everything you do - your prayers, your example, and everything.

Con MUCHO amor,

Hermana Pooch-a-Rooch Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment