Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31, 2013 emails to dad and mom

These posts are a little disjointed because Michelle and her companion have only an hour and fifteen minutes a week to do all of their email reading and writing.  As you can tell from the jist of the letters, Michelle is very concerned that the computer that her companion, Sister Peterson,  is using isn't working very well(they are at an email cafe). Michelle wants to make sure that her companion gets to write home this week, so she signs off with mom and dad so that her comp can use the computer that she has been using. 

Hi dad,
Yeah, I cried (as you hear) when I heard your voice. I was just so happy to hear you talk and it meant  a lot that we were able to.
We'll be sleeping New Year's Eve. Normal schedule here in Mission Central.
The letters are a way that I relax on P-Day. I have a really hard time not doing anything on P-Days, so it's a way I relax. Don't worry about it. I love doing it.
We're  working with our leaders. our WML [Ward Mission Leader] is the father of my last bishop (small world, huh). We're working hard and it's a little hard to find lessons in Solola (because our areas  so small) but we're finding people. We have a few people right now that could probably be baptized. We're working on working with the members to get more references and to go out with them to work. And that's sad the elder's checked out. We call that "being baggy" (like trunky), and that's sad because we only have to much time to give.
That's cool about Aunt Betty and Uncle Ted. You go, dad! Be a member missionary! You're doing a really good job at it.
Thanks for the prayers and the help. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it's true. I love the end chapters of 1 Nephi (we're reading the BoM as a mission now). I love 1 Nephi 13-15. I would read those.
Anyway, my comp's computer isn't working and I want her to write. So not much today, sorry.I love you! 
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Pumpkin Conover

Well, just kidding, her email's working now.

I get the letters every transfer.
And I love hearing about your time in the temple. I love the temple. I want to go there every week (at least) when I get back to the States. There is such a Spirit there that blesses our lives and can help us so much. I love going and learning something new every time. And feeling the pure Spirit that is in the Celestial room is amazing. I was so glad we went for Christmas as a mission. It was amazing.
Anyway, I love you! Have a wonderful new year!
Con MUCHO amor,
Hermana Pumpkin Conover



Hi momma!
I loved talking to you on Christmas. I wished that it could have been like the times when I would walk back from school and it wsa just you and me talking and then I could have had the time with everyone else, but alas, it wasn't so. It was hard to hang up (as you could probably tell), but I loved hearing your voice. And talking with you.
I love you, mom. Thank you for the prayers and everything. I love you.
Love, Hermana Conover


Mom,

So my comps email started to work, so here's a little bit more.

I love you, mom. I'm so grateful for everything that you have done for me in my life before my mission and during my mission. You're so strong. You are a woman of faith and I knew that before my mission, but I've realized that more now.
Two of my companions have pointed out (when I get frustrated) that I have so much faith. And I wouldn't have that faith without you, mom. You taught me to read my scriptures and to pray and even though I wasn't the best at it before my mission, I'm following your example now and praying everyday (multiple times a day) and reading my scriptures and marking them up like you do. We're reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and I'm reading it in Spanish. It's hard sometimes (like the Isaiah chapters), but I think of your persevering attitude and press forward.
I'm trying my hardest to keep up your legacy (well, legacy to me) of presevering through hard times and diligently studying the scriptures. And your spirit of service, too. Your "can do" attitude that you got from your dad. I'm going to try to do all I can to not tarnish the name of Conover in the mission and the name of Jones, as well. In Guatemala, people have two last names - their fathers and their mothers. So here's to Conover Jones and keeping the tradition up.
I love you, mom. 
Con MUCHO amor,
hermana conover

No comments:

Post a Comment