Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Third Week Report (Aug 28 2013)

¡Hola familia!
This week has FLOWN. I cannot believe that it has been three weeks since I left home and came to Guatemala.
So last P-Day we went to the Mercado - it was like Pike´s Market in Seattle but times 100 and with more colorful, hand-made things. We also went to The Map - it´s a relief map of Guatemala that someone did the surveying for in 1900 and was 99% accurate. It was so cool! We found our mission and we realized that half of it is some of the tallest mountains and the other half is really flat.
We´ve watched so many Devotionals and one of the best ones was by Elder Holland from 2010. It was excellent. his main message was to not miss a minute of your mission and that this is completely the Lord´s work. Even in the CCM, we can feel that this is definitely the Lord´s work.
Our class has a goal of speaking solamente Español from 10 in the morning to 9 at night. My head was hurting from speaking only Spanish yesterday, but it is a good experience to only be speaking Spanish.
My friend from Glenwood came into the CCM on Wednesday - it was fun to see her and to help her settle in and to catch up about friends and such. Her Spanish is already excellent adn she is going to do such wonderful work in her mission (East Mission)!
There´s a Hispaña here (Hermana Gonzales) and I showed her a few clogging steps and she calls me her ''Favorita Balerina'' now. She´s the sweetest. All the Hispañas are really sweet.
This past week has helped my testimony grow in so many ways. I know that I am here in Guatemala for a reason. As scary as it was to prepare and to accept the fact that I was going out of the country for a year and a half, I know that I am here to touch the life of at least one person. As Adam said that last night, ´´Find that one person you´re supposed to help, then after that, find the next one. Then the next.´´ It´s definitely true. And I know that this is completely the Lord´s work and that we have to give everything over to Him in order for us to be able to teach with the Spirit and allow the Spirit to teach. Our whole might, mind, heart, and strength. I also know - with more assurity now than ever before - that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that He died for our sins out of love for each and every one of us. The Gospel is true and I know that with all my corazón (heart). I love this Gospel and I love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I realized within the past few days that I wouldn´t be here if I didn´t love them,.
I love all of you and hope that you have fun with Kelly and the grandkids and thank you for your prayers. I´ve definitely felt them and it means a lot to me.
As I used to say all the time, ´´Está todo bien´´ (it´s all good). That´s probably my favorite Spanish phrase and I say it multiple times a day.
I love you! I´m praying for you, too!
Con mucho amor, Hermana Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment