Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fourth Week Report (Sept 2 2013)

¡Hola familia!
How was the baby blessing? How´s Kelly´s familiy doing? And Jen´s, Laura´s, and Seth´s?
This week was pretty good. I got sick on Thursday (aches, ear-aches, shivers, etc.), but I´m feeling a lot better now. Almost our whole district got sick (only 2 people haven´t so far), but esta todo bien.
Tomorrow for P-Day, we´re going to Wal-Mart and a food court. I have one word for the food court - Wendy´s. All the way. It´s going to be awesome. And we´re also going to a chapel in the morning to play sports and stuff. It´ll be good.
Spanish is coming along. We´re now teaching other missionaries as investigators and we act like investigators while they teach us. It´s good practice. I love it here in the CCM. It´s crazy to think that we only have two weeks left. And then the mission field. And solamente Español for real. It´ll be good.
We had fast Sunday yesterday. It was such a good experience. I bore my testimony in Spanish in our Sacrament Meeting - that was fun. Hermana Brewster didn´t want to go up by herself, so I went with her. She´s in my district - she´s really nice and sweet. Her Spanish is coming along well, too.
And we also watched "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration" yesterday afternoon. It was SO GOOD. I always forget how good that movie is until we watch it again. All through the movie, everyone was crying. So, at the end of the movie and after we had been sitting in awkward crying silence for about a minute, I said, "For a message of happiness, we sure cry a lot." About half of the room started laughing. It was great.
This week, I really realized the sacrifices that have been made for this Gospel. People have died for the Book of Mormon. Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith sealed their testimonies in their blood. Jesus Christ was crucified for His preachings and to fulfill the Atonement and Resurrection. Joseph Smith was tarred and feathered multiple times and people were forced from their homes. I also realized that while we give up a lot to be full-time missionaries for 18 months to 2 years, we are not asked to give up our lives. Yes, some missionaries die or are seriously injured, but they are in the minority. We are asked to give up little in comparison to what other people have given to this Gospel. Yes, it will be hard and yes, we will have trials and be rejected and have emotional and spiritual burdens to carry, BUT we are blessing the lives of many people in the field and at home. The devotional this past week was by Elder Anderson and one of the things he said was, "We sacrifice for the things we love and we love the things we sacrifice for." I know that I love this Gospel. I know that I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. Some people don´t know of it´s truth or of the love that Heavenly Father has for them. That´s why we´re here - to teach the wonderful word of Salvation and to tell people of how they can return to their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and that their sins can be forgiven and that through the Atonement, they can be happy and clean. And that there are prophets and revelations and scriptures and love that they don´t know about that can make them so happy! this Gospel - this message - is one of happiness and I´m so grateful that I get to teach this 24-7 for the next 17 months.
I love all of you! I hope that everything is going well back home!
¡Esta todo bien!
-Hermana Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment