Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 11th letter to family and friends

¡Hola, familia!

Only one week left in the CCM! I cannot believe how fast these six weeks have gone.
So many things happened this week. I don´t even know where to begin.

Well, something you have to try - grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with powdered sugar on the top. It. Is. Delicious. Seriously. You have to try it.

I memorized the First Vision and most of DyC 4 this past week. Exciting stuff.

We went to Walmart and a Food court on Tuesday. Wendy´s was just as delicious here as in the States. And the McFlurry´s, too.

This week, my favorite scripture is Alma 26:12 - "I will boast not of myself, but I will boast in the strength of my God". That definitely carried me through this week.

The earthquake was mild. It wasn´t that big where we were. It felt like a 3.5 or a 4 by the time we felt it and we didn´t feel the aftershock.
[about the earthquake from a  letter written to to Kelly>>] The earthquake was fun - I just thought my comp was shaking the table. It was great - our teacher didn't even notice that there was an earthquake.
[about the earthquake from a letter written to her dad>>] The earthquake wasn´t that big of a deal where we were. Our teacher didn´t even notice it happened. What was it, a 5.9? [mom's note--It was 6.5 with an after shock of 5.4]  It felt like a 3.5 or a 4 where we were. The Utah missionaries were freaking out a little bit, but our District Leader (from SoCal) and I started trading earthquake stories. It was fun!

On Sunday, we watched a devotional by Elder Bednar. His talk was about "Is it the Spirit or me?" because that is a question that - at one point or another - plagues EVERY missionary. He said to not worry about it. If you´re "a good boy, or a good girl, you´re keeping your covenants, you´re being obedient to the commandments, pressing forward with faith in Jesus Christ, then your mouth will be filled and you´ll be at the right place at the right time¨." It was a really good talk. He said that about four times with "Quit worrying about it."

Elder Packer has a talk (I think) about a "20 Marque Note" and it´s about Elder Bednar. You should find it. It´s a really good talk.

I love you all! The Church is true and the Atonement works for all afflictions and hardships in life!

I hope the fire near Mt. Diablo goes away soon!

Thanks for telling me about Mr. Coartney -[Mr. Coartney, Michelle's high school band director is a quarterfinalist in the Grammy Foundation Music Educator Award]  I love the quote he said about succeeding and life skills. Even after high school, that man is still teaching me.

And thanks for the news about everyone and what´s going on.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week! Read your scriptures, pray, and serve!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment