Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1st (2013) letter

¡Hola familia!

How´s the home front? I hope that everything is going well.

We don´t get to print the emails - we just go to an internet cafe place (they´re all over here) and email for an hour and 15 minutes.

We had a baptism this past Saturday and it was a miracle that it happened. We fasted with her to decide to be baptized and she felt that she needed to be baptized. We were so happy when she said yes and tears were shed during the baptism. I sang at the baptism (with the BYU Men´s Chorus on my iPod) and a lot of people told me that they couldn´t understand the words (it was in English), they could feel the Spirit.

AND we have a wedding/baptism tomorrow. It´ll be good. I´m excited.

And I gave a talk on Sunday. Just a short, five-minute talk. I talked about the worth of souls (D&C 18:10, 15-16) and how everyone in the world is a son or daughter of God and how as members of the Church, we need to share the Gospel with everyone that we meet. People don´t know that through Jesus Christ and the Atonement, we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and with our families. This message is one of happiness and hope and faith and people need to know about it. Anyway, when we walked into the church on Sunday, Hermana Brough was there, greeting the members. It was only her and her daughter, but we didn´t know she was coming. She spoke and she said that my Spanish is really good for being here for "three weeks". (it´s been two, but who´s counting?)

My testimony has grown so much since I left home and even since when I left the CCM. I know that this church is true. The Atonement can help us through all our afflictions and problems. The Plan of Salvation is true and the Gospel indeed blesses families. Yesterday, we taught an hermano about the Proclamation to the World and I got to share about the section that talks about establishing your home on Gospel principles (faith, repentance, love, charity, etc) and it hit me, in a little shack however many hundreds of miles away from home, how blessed our family is for being centered on Christ. I started crying from the Spirit that I felt when I realized that. When homes are centered on Christ and principles of the Gospel, families are blessed. That´s why I´m here - to share this message centered on Jesus Christ and how families can be eternal. How we can return to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ as families. The Gospel is true and has a power that changes lives for the better. It´s our privilege to be able to share this message,  as member missionaries and full-time missionaries.

I love you all! I pray for you everyday! I love you! Thank you for the letters and for the help and spiritual insights!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Conover

No comments:

Post a Comment